Shockwave is a non-surgical medical device that uses focused acoustic waves to stimulate the body’s healing process. Shockwave therapy does not emit “shocks”. Instead this device emits acoustic waves that carry energy which can be focused to produce micro-trauma which results in the release of factors essential for healing, and regeneration.
In the medical world, acoustic waves with high-energy interact with tissue causing overall medical effects of accelerate tissue repair and cell growth, pain relief and the restoration of mobility.
It does this by:
- Increasing blood flow
- Removing scar tissue & calcification from tissues
- Stimulates the body’s own stem cells to heal & repair damaged tissue
- Chronic pain relief (including pain from soft tissue, joints and nerves)
- Muscle relaxation to decrease spasms, cramping and stiffness
- Reduces inflammation & swelling (works incredibly well with arthritis!)
Shockwave Therapy Is Indicated For:
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Shoulder Pain (including frozen shoulder)
- Elbow Pain (media & lateral epicondylitis)
- Hand and Wrist Arthritis
- Spinal Pain (back & neck)
Get Back to Enjoying Your Life
You don’t have to live with pain. Contact our clinic today to see what our FDA cleared treatments can do to change your life.
To schedule a consultation, call us at 412-595-7332